- This event has passed.
Second Annual Conference: Immanuel Weekend
October 12, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - October 13, 2018 @ 4:00 pm
Sunodía’s Second Annual Conference: Immanuel Weekend
Have you ever wanted to be able to interact with God, share your heart with him, and hear him more clearly?
Although God is always with us, we often aren’t aware of his presence, and sometimes imagine we are alone. An Immanuel Day is an opportunity to spend an entire 24 hours in the presence of God, hearing his heart for you and interacting with him. It’s a time during which you will experience an astonishing nearness to God, as well as have an opportunity to bring him any barriers to trusting him with your whole heart.
At Sunodía Prayer Counseling’s second annual healing conference, we will be welcoming Betsy Stalcup, the Executive Director of Healing Center International, to lead a full Immanuel Weekend.
Betsy developed Immanuel Day in 2014 after hearing Dr. Jim Wilder, a Life Model neurotheologian, say that the best way to transform a region was to have more people encounter Immanuel—God with us—more often. Her heart cried, “I can do this! I can help people in my community encounter God.”
What can you expect during an Immanuel Weekend?
- Learn a brief history of the Immanuel Approach
- Experience both interactive teaching and exercises
- Learn the brain science behind relational connection
- Practice exercises that will teach you how to quiet yourself, better connect with God and others, and return to joy from distress
- Engage and share with others in small groups
- Learn about the things that prevent us from connecting to God
- Have the chance to heal areas of your heart that keep you from connecting to God
- View a demonstration of an Immanuel Approach session
- Grow the capacity needed to navigate the joys and sorrows of life
If you’ve never heard of this method, why should you come? Because engaging with the lover and creator of our souls for an entire day is incredibly restorative. In a single day, you can substantively increase your capacity to connect with God. As we practice connecting to God and spending time with him, our capacity is increased. We know who we are and whose we are. When we repeat a sequence of steps it creates new neural pathways in our brains. With repetition those pathways are strengthened, and eventually the activity that we repeat becomes automatic. We want turning to God to become automatic.
If you want to experience more of God and go deeper with him, then this conference is for you!
Friday, October 12th, 7 PM to 9 PM
Saturday, October 13th, 9 AM to 4 PM
Lord Jesus Korean Church
10201 Robious Road
Richmond, Va 23235
Betsy Stalcup, Director of Healing Center International, and Jessie Mejias, Director of Sunodia Prayer Counseling
Healing Center International’s mission is to disciple leaders to share the joys and sorrows of life so that communities become courageous and mature, loving each other and Jesus well. You can find more information about the Immanuel method at ImmanuelApproach.com. Interested in a video introduction to the Immanual method? This webinar, led by Karl Lehman, is another helpful resource!
Note: cost of registration includes a workbook, coffee and tea, and lunch on Saturday.
General Registration (available through Oct. 12, 2018)
- Full Weekend: $119.00 per person; $179.00 per couple
- Saturday Only: $99.00 per person; $159.00 per couple
Conference Registration Closed